Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Argyle Silk Velvet


Our lovely model, artist Jen Smith of pickle fame, is wearing a luxurious silk velvet scarf with a rich argyle design, backed with lightweight wool. All of the printed and patterned fabrics I use to make scarves are "found" fabrics, meaning none were bought new. I find the fabrics at thrift shops and yard sales, either as unused short lengths or as garments or home decor items that I take apart and repurpose. It's not often that one finds a beautiful silk velvet at a thrift shop. This was a nice find that matched well with the lightweight wool I had around. The scarf Jen is wearing has a blue wool backing. I also made a couple of these with an incredibly soft Italian black wool satin as shown in the lower picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment